Monday 12 January 2015

2015 FAL Q1 Goals - some easy goals and a couple of challenges

I've never linked up to a Finish Along (FAL) before, but seeing as I love lists and ticking off achievements, and I seem to have a lot of starts and not many finishes I decided to join Adrienne at On the Windy Side this year for extra motivation.

I decided to start Q1 with a few almost finished projects to help the ticking off achievements feeling,which will hopefully inspire me to tackling and finishing the other projects this quarter.

1. Love mini quilt. 
Gee I have been a bit slack with this one,  Just needs to be pressed and bound. No excuses now.


















2. String Heart Mini. 

First I need to decide if it will be a mini or a cushion. Then press, quilt and bind.












3. Equilateral Triangle Cushion.
This needs a little more work. I am not happy with the quilting due to some of the piecing going askew so it will need to be unpicked and fixed before I can finish. This was a learning curve with triangles.










4. Catvent Mini
This has been sitting as a UFO for far too long. Time to quilt it and enjoy it.













5.City Slicker bag for Suse.
On my to do list for a shamefully long time now. Luckily I have an understanding friend and the FAL to kick my butt into gear. City Slicker pattern by Chris W Designs.











6. Library Bag for Jack 
My boy starts preschool at the end of January and needs a library bag. Where does the time go? A preschooler already! He chose this Alexander Henry dinosaur fabric and I will be modifying the DUMD Bigger on the Inside pattern.










7. Tula Pink Parisville Big Mini
Half square triangles will be arranged in an off centre diamond style.













8. Cushions for Bekk
A large European style cushion and a smaller square cushion. Just need a simple envelope backing.











9. Hazel Hedgehog Batik Mini
This lovely batik charm pack was received in a handmade swap a couple of years ago. I don't usually work in batiks, but this could be a fun mini. Will team it up with some greys and oranges.












Hmmm nine projects might be ambitious, but a few are quick finishes, others have deadlines and there is enough variety to not get too bored.

Wish me luck!

Linking up for the first time to the 2015 Finish Along.



2015 FAL at On the Windy Side



No comments:

Post a Comment